To give you an idea of the span of activities, we list some recent or on-going assignments here.
- Experts from Hydroconsult frequently participate in cases in the Swedish Water Court and other legal bodies, either as independent experts for the court, or as technical expert for one of the sides.
- The Öresund Bridge between Sweden and Denmark. The spill from dredging must not exceed 5% ±1%. SGI is supervising this from the Swedish side, and Hydroconsult is assisting SGI in this job.
- Research on sedimentation conditions in lake Ala Lombolo in northernmost Sweden, a lake with a high content of pollutants in the sediments, where different actions were to be analysed.
- Control program for the restauration of the shallow lake Hornborgasjön in southern Sweden. The water level has gradually been increased to its former position before the drainage of the lake. Hydroconsult has predicted, and now continues to monitor, the hydrological development.
- Prediction of reservoir sedimentation in the Se San 3 hydropower project in Vietnam, and prediction of reservoir life expectancy. The actual sedimentation behind the Yali dam in the same river (which was under construction at the time) was investigated for reference.
- A long-term monitoring programme of river erosion downstream of Älvkarleby kraftverk in central Sweden was restarted with modern methods, since the river has been dredged to increase the head.
- Hydroconsult continues to measure and analyse the hydrological conditions at the mouth of the river Lule Älv in northern Sweden, with the objective of assessing the risk for brackish water intrusion to a pump station of a factory.
- A large hydrological project was started in 1997 in Costa Rica, called "Analyses of Extreme Precipitation for Flood Design Purposes". Using novel methods, all available data are being analysed in order to arrive at better estimates of the risk for extreme flows in the future. The method involves inter-basin comparisons in order to overcome the problem caused by that the time series in the best case covers some decades, but predictions are required for the magnitude of much more infrequent events.
- Hydroconsult is assisting ENEE (Empresa Nacional de Energía Electrica) in Honduras in acquiring outside assistance in executing a bathymetric survey of the El Cajón reservoir. The reservoir is together with Arenal in Costa Rica the biggest in Central America, and very important as a multi-year storage to even out the effects of El Niño years, and also to provide some flood protection for the San Pedro Sula valley in the case of extreme precipitation, such as has now been experienced from the hurricane "Mitch".